'Oh well ... fiddle-dee-dee! Tomorrow is another day', said Scarlet! And that's the attitude that I will take ... because the cucumber and salmon mousse canapes, tequila and lime juice soaked shrimp, corn and bean salsa with tortilla chips were just lovely! And the wine was tasty!
Get your friends together and have your own little celebration! Finger food is just so very easy! When it's jazzed up with a sprig of dill or had minced herbs and onions gracing it, people think you actually worked at it ... hah!
Cucumber and Salmon Mousse Bites
8 oz. neufchatel cheese
2 tbsp. creme fraiche
7 oz can of pink salmon
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. minced coriander (cilantro)
1 tbsp. minced chives
2 tsp. minced thyme leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
2 large seedless cucumbers, washed and sliced
dill sprigs for garnish
Making the Mousse:
1. Drain a can of salmon, toss in a small bowl to loosen the meat and remove the bones.
2. In a deep bowl, whip the neufchatel, creme fraiche, lemon juice, coriander, chives, and thyme.
3. Add the salmon and whip until smooth and creamy.
4. Correct the seasoning by adding salt and pepper and perhaps a bit more lemon juice.
5. Chill the mousse for an hour or two.
6. Wash and slice the cucumbers, place a dollop of mousse on each slice, top with a perfect sprig of dill, and serve on a pretty plate.