09 September 2010

Green Goddess Salad Dressing


Here is a winner ... I'm such a 'know nothing' when it comes to salad dressings and so I get all excited and flutter-y when I discover a new way to slather up the greens.

Tonight, we're, once again, eating up the tomatoes. No surprise there ... but I bought this wonderful head of hydroponic Bibb lettuce and pulled our weird volunteer cross between cherry tomatoes and plum tomatoes from the vines. A wedge of the lettuce and slices of tomato created the perfect stage for this Green Goddess Dressing that comes from good old Ina Garten. 

I'm tellin' ya, folks ... think a cross between pesto and aioli mayonaisse. It is heavenly! Make it, eat it up, enjoy it! A word of advice ... divide the recipe if you're cooking for one or two. This dressing has to be fresh ... I don't think storing it more than one day will do anything for the flavors. The garlic will get  too tangy and brash ... an insult to the taste buds. I, myself,  will be working over time to get measurements correct for just enough dressing for two salads so that we can have it and have no leftovers.

Do fresh. It's best!

Green Goddess Salad Dressing
courtesy of Ina Garten's barefoot contessa at home

Ingredients:

1 c. Hellman's mayonaisse
1 c. chopped scallions, green and white sections
1 c. fresh basil leaves
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. anchovy paste
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 c. sour cream

Place all the ingredients except the sour cream in the bowl of a handblender and process until smooth and the dressing has tiny green flecks of color. Add the sour cream and process just until combined. Frefrigerate until ready to dress the salad.


1 comment:

  1. Finally catching up on friend's blogs on a warm Saturday afternoon. This dressing sounds so refreshing and light. And I have all the ingredients in the house. Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.