Served with some vanilla/coffee swirl ice cream and a strong cup of expresso ... you can take them way over the top to an 'adult' dessert. Just sayin'.
Decadent Tropical Blondies
½ c. butter, softened
¾ c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
¾ c. sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. Captain Morgan spiced rum
1½ c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 - 10 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ c. crushed/chopped macadamia nuts
Making the Blondies:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 13" x 9" pan with waxed paper or parchment paper. Spray the paper with baking spray and set aside.
2. Cream the butter with the sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add one egg at a time and beat to incorporate.
4. Stir in the vanillla and rum.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet just until the batter leaves the sides of the bowl.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts.
8. Turn into the pan and gently spread the batter outward to the edges, taking care with the paper.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until the blondies are golden brown and firmed up at the center of the pan.
10. Cool on a rack for about ten minutes.
11. Gently lift the blondies from the pan to a large cutting board, using the edges of the paper lining.
12. Peel back the edges of the paper and let the blondies cool until set.
13. Use a rotary pizza cutter to make bars about 3¼ x 1½ inches. Makes 24 bars.