14 July 2012

Breakfast of Champions - Peanut Butter Banana Muffins




There's been a lodger in the grey cottage for the past couple weeks. Eric, the baby of the family, has moved home for a bit while he begins his new job and continues his classes in machine work. I love to see him enthusiastic about this new chapter in his life. He gets up raring to go and comes out of work each day with something to tell about the manufacturing process or what he has learned. He has purpose and a revived sense of self-esteem ... and that's a good thing. No more feeling beleaguered at a job that doesn't seem to be going anywhere ... my boy's feeling like the top banana ... the sweet one, the one worthy of making something really good of life and not waiting around for the sweetness!







Of course, all this work makes him a hungry man. So I have been doing some more substantial cooking of late. Breakfast, though, is a hurried affair and as a break from the usual bowl of cereal and glass of juice, I made these muffins. Eric does like his muffins.







This muffin recipe came from Lauren Zietsman's blog A Full Measure of Happiness. It's a new blog that I discovered a few weeks ago. This week, when I had bananas that were overly ripe and ready for some sweet baking, I googled a peanut butter banana muffin search and her recipe came up ... what a nice and surprising coincidence!

I love these muffins because they have a whole wheat flour/ all purpose white flour blend, honey and yogurt for some healthy protein and sweetness, and that yum sweet crumble topping- all this and the classic combo of peanut butter and bananas! I added sunflower seeds to the sugar and cinnamon topping, but Lauren's recipe keeps to the sugar and cinnamon. The beauty of these muffins is that they can be finagled with  ... and I intend to keep the recipe around and play with it a bit, but the combo of peanut butter and bananas is pretty perfect! What a treat for breakfast!

DO visit Lauren's blog - the recipe for the muffins is at the link above! There's a lot more good stuff to be had at A Full Measure of Happiness! While you're doing that, I'm headed for a second cup of coffee and one of these muffins! No butter needed!

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to have one of your kids home. I bet he thinks he has died and gone to heaven with all the good meals and goodies you prepare. The muffins look delicious. Bananas and peanut butter go so well together. I will pop over and visit her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter and banana..these muffins sound and look mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when one or both of my kids is at home and I have an excuse to make homey things like these muffins...and I never would have thought to mix banana and peanut butter, these looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like the joy of feeding your own children! Love the muffins and I'm sure Eric did too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you can spoil him while he's home! The muffins sound delicious! I may give them a try the next time I have bananas!

    Keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked the muffins! And that you get to have "the baby" at home :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.