14 July 2013

Ebay and Inspiration On A Hot Day



I collect cookie jars ... the campier, the tackier, the more kitschy, the better ! Periodically, I go on an Ebay spree and spend a few days  weeks looking at the auction offerings for vintage cookie jars. I have given neat cookie jars to my kids for Christmas, to friends as birthday gifts and housewarming presents, and I still keep going back to look for just one more. The only other item that snags my attention as much is a good vintage bean pot.





My most recent is one that reminds me of one my children's favorite story books about the gingerbread man   ... let's all say it together! Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man! 

I made cookies today, even though it is still hotter than Hades. Poor SB has not had a cookie in over a month. Did I ever tell you how much I love SB ? Only a loving wife (or a freakin' masochist) would bake on a 90 degree day ... what can I say? I'll let you take your pick there.

At least I made an easy cookie for a hot day ... 







3 comments:

  1. What we do for love! The cookies as well as the jar make a lovely photo. Hasn't the heat been nasty. It's too hot to do much of anything outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very nice one Susan... looks home-made which I love x

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.