Sometimes you just need to have a good piece of pie. If said pie is easy to make and can be stashed away in the ice box for a time to perfect itself AND stay out of sight until the dinner party, all the better. It makes that moment when you pull it out of the icebox and look at all that beauty ALL the better.
So here it is ... in all its glory ... Salted Caramel Cashew Pie.
Salted Caramel Cashew Pie
a recipe from Humble Pie
1 package chocolate cookie wafers (40 chocolate wafers)
1/4 c. sugar
5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
Combine the crust ingredients by tossing lightly with a fork. press into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch pie pan. Chill to set the crumb up.
8 oz. brick of cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
a couple pinches of sea salt
1 tsp. quality vanilla extract
10 oz. caramel sauce topping (the kind you pour over ice cream) plus more for drizzling over top the of the finished pie
1 c. heavy cream
1 cup salted cashews, roughly chopped
Making the Pie :
1. While the crust chills, whip the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a deep bowl.
2. Add the vanilla and salt and continue whipping until the mixture is completely smooth.
3. Add the caramel sauce and continue whipping until completely incorporated.
4. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Turn the filling into the chilled crumb crust.
6. Sprinkle the chopped cashews over top the filling and drizzle some of the caramel sauce over all.
7. Place the pie in the freezer and let it set until firm.
8. Let pie stand for a just a couple minutes when you bring it from the freezer. Cut and serve. YUM!