Strawberry Spinach Salad
1- 10 oz. bag of baby spinach greens, washed, stems trimmed, and spun out in a salad spinner
1 pint strawberries, rinsed, drained, stemmed, and sliced into thin strips
1/2 c. purple onion strips
1/2 c. chopped pecans, toasted
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. raspberry vinegar
1/3 c. light olive oil
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
Making the Salad:
1. Lay the prepared spinach greens into a large salad bowl.
2. Top with the onions and strawberries.
3. Sprinkle the pecans over all.
4. Combine the sugar, mustard, salt, and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor and whirl to combine.
5. With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and whirl to form an emulsion dressing.
6. Add the poppy seeds and pulse to combine, being careful not to pulverize the seeds.
7. Drizzle just a bit over the salad and place the rest of the dressing in a bowl to serve on the side for those wanting more sweet tanginess.
8. Cover closely if the salad will sit for a bit before serving.
We managed to eat most of the salad, but there's one plate left that I will be knoshing for an afternoon snack ... what is it with me and guilty pleasures and the color red lately ! ?