31 July 2011

Grilled Teriyaki Steak Tips

This post is short ... and sweet, kinda like these shortened steak tips.

Cathy, my friend, has a marinade that is so simple and easy that it would be sinful not to pass it on to you. I was extremely busy this past week - travelling across interstate lines for a family bash, making a Daring Bakers' challenge, and tending two kittens and two dogs that are going through cultural clash (if ya know what I mean!). Still, a girl and her man have to eat (if ya know what I mean!).So, Cathy's marinade was just what I needed.

I threw the marinade together and soaked the tips overnight. When I got back from the flying trip (very late at night) I was able to relax and sleep in, dawdle a bit during the day with the animals and know that dinner was set. Whacked up a few potatoes for roasting, steamed veg from the garden and dinner was ... on. the. table.

When you make them, don't forget a nice red wine. Cheers!

Steak Tips Teriyaki

One day before you want to have the tips, make the marinade, trim the tips of any gristly edges, trim to about 5 -inch sections, and place them in a ziplock bag. Squeeze the air from the bag and seal. Massage the marinade around the tips,place the bag in a bowl and pop it in the fridge.

Grill the tips to medium -rare on a grill pan or on the outdoor grill. Easy as pie, right?


½ c. soy sauce

¼ c. brown sugar
½ c. orange juice
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. black pepper

This marinade is enough for 1 to 2 lbs. of sirloin tips... go ahead and double it for more servings!
Accompaniments: Green peppers and Vidalia onion chunks are great additions to the grilled tips. Just sayin’.


  1. The marinade couldn't get any easier. Great Asian flavors always enhance steak tips.

  2. What a fantastic recipe!!!! yummi!!! looks delicious!!! and your blog is fantastic...glad I found you!!!

  3. Lovely marinade. I think orange and soy are great bedfellows. Thanks for sharing the recipe x

  4. lovely lovely marinade Susan and I never thought my heart would do a little dance at the sight of beef tips but it did :)

    Loverly :)Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

  5. This sounds amazing and so simple! Love that combination!!!

  6. Sounds like a delicious marinade! I'm going to pass it on to my parents because their marinades could use some serious updates!

  7. Brown sugar and orange juice! I use that combination in several of my marinades. It really adds a lot to meat.

    Those Teriyaki Tips look great!

  8. I love my day when I've had the forethought to marinate. I feel so supermum.


Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back.