05 January 2013

Perky Mint Chocolate Pixie Cookies

Girl Scout cookies are coming your way, folks. I saw a quick email from Girl Scouts USA the other day ... how they got my email, I do not know. Must be some strange telepathic message I send out at this time of year ... or a bubble thought that hangs over my head.


Image Source: Forbes.com


I can be quite transparent, you see. Me and Thin Mints go waaayyyy back, so any cookie that lets me take a major hit of chocolate and adds a bit of peppermint makes the Cookie Monster in me stand up, frizz out my hair and bug my eyes just a bit. There are a new crop of chocolate mint cookies making the rounds on the blog scene, however and Pam's Chocolate Mint Pixies piqued my interest several months ago.




Check these 'bad boys' out ... chewy chocolate and peppermint goodness that gives you that milk moustache ... only with confectioner's sugar! Oh yeah ... chocolate and peppermint ... a  killer combination. So, bring on the Girl Scout Thin Mints, too ... there's never too much of this bad thing! While you're waiting for your neighborhood Girl Scout to come knocking on the door, mix up a batch of these little cookies and enjoy!

Thanks to Pam over at For the Love of Cooking for posting these really delish cookies! I know Christmas has come and gone, but it's Saturday and that means I'm baking the weekly batch of cookies in the grey cottage! Like I said ... Girl Scout cookies are on their way, but until then ...

For the recipe, please hit the link above and then stick around a bit. Look at all Pam has to offer at her blog! She's pretty amazing ... just sayin'.




I'm talking some to a friend. Aren't I good? Ahem ...baking rationalization or what !?


7 comments:

  1. No need to convince me, they do sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cooies.
    I tried to make them once but they didn't turned our so beautiful as yours!!
    I'll give them anothe chance :-)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good thing to arrive in the mail Susan! I'm a little late to the party but HAPPY NEW YEAR - Wishing you and your lovely family every happiness. I'm so glad to be part of your culinary adventures.

    chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like the chocolate crackle cookies I make, but with mint. I'll have to try them out! These would be so much better than Thin Mints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda! I originally saw a crackle cookie like this made with Nutella at Kay's website The Church Cook last year and then, saw Pam's post using mint ... both cookie recipes are stellar! Golly, I love blogging because of the great exchange of ideas!

      Delete
  5. I think crackle cookies are so pretty. I will have to give these a try. Don't you think home made is always better than store bought?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.