17 October 2022

Avocado Toast - Easy Lunch or Breakfast




An easy and healthy lunch here in The Spice Garden today ! You're probably saying, " Really ?! Why is she posting such an easy recipe ? Aren't we all 'over' the Avocado Toast scene ?" 



Well, the reason is that this is my food diary and I sometimes forget about these easy and simple 'real food' bites. If I post them, though, I tend to scroll through and say to myself, "Ha! Haven't made THAT in ages!" It helps me to not lose good food in the constant barrage of photos and recipes that come my way.

So, here's how I did it ...

Avocado Toast For One

Ingredients:

1 slice of artisan bread, toasted

1/2 medium avocado, mashed roughly

two good pinches Kosher salt

a good grinding of black pepper

1 small wedge of lemon, squeezed over the avocado

Toppings:

1 cocktail tomato, cut into bite size nibbles

1 small handful cilantro, washed and chopped

1 healthy sprinkle of red pepper flakes

olive oil for drizzling

Toast the toast while you mash the avocado and prep the toppings.  Spread the avocado mash on warm toast, top with your choice of toppings, and use a knife and fork to get a good bite without losing the toppings. Enjoy ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.