Warm and topped with a bit of whipped cream with a hot cup of coffee on the side ... perfect ending. SB was satisfied and so were our friends, Vicki and Lynda.
Bread Pudding - printer friendly
2 ciabatta rolls, cut into ‘fingers’
3 c. milk
2 tbsp. spiced rum
½ c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. lemon zest
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. currants
Making the Bread Pudding:
1. Pre-heat oven to 325° F. and butter a small casserole dish.
2. Slice the ciabatta rolls into ‘fingers’ and butter them on one side.
3. Lay one of the rolls’ ‘fingers’ into the bottom of the casserole.
4. Arrange the currants over the layer.
5. Place the second rolls’ ‘fingers’ on top.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, rum, cinnamon, lemon zest, and brown sugar.
7. Beat until frothy.
8. Drizzle the egg mixture over the bread ‘fingers’ making sure to soak all the top layer well.
9. Sprinkle the top with some cinnamon and sugar.
10. Set the pudding aside for 15 minutes.
11. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes until browned on top.
12. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.