01 October 2010

A Fall Treat - Iced Pumpkin Cookies

I haven't made cookies in quite a while and SB has been asking for a batch. Of course, this rainy day has been a perfect time for going through the old blog posts and when I looked at the cookies I've posted, I was surprised that these pumpkin cookies hadn't 'gotten press'. It's Fall; it's time for pumpkins and squash taking center stage, so here you go!


I love the random patterns that the glaze makes on these pretty little cake-like cookies. They remind me of the soft molasses drop cookies that my Great-Aunt Verna made whenever we visited her and Uncle Winn. They are delicious ... try them!





Assemble your cast of characters ... notice, I'm hiding the rum. That is an optional ingredient, but be sure to know, it does add to the flavor experience.



Whisk the dry ingredients together and set them aside while you beat the butter and sugar, egg, pumpkin, vanilla, and rum. Then mix in the dry ingredients.




Spoon by rounded teaspoonsful onto greased cookie sheets and bake - see how cake-y the dough is? I know a blurry picture makes that hard to see, but all these shots came out blurry and this one was the best of them - oops!




Place cookies really close together to cool and then drizzle with the glaze. Let them sit there for a good while unti the glaze 'sets up'. Eat a few while you wait - for testing purposes.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies - printer friendly




Really good with a glass of milk or mulled cider!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.