23 June 2010

A Nod to Milk Products ... and A Stroll Down Main Street



Recently, Silent Bob and I attended the Annual Strolling of the Heifers Parade and Green Expo in Brattleboro Vermont. This is a fun Saturday morning on which the folks in the Connecticut River Valley and the dairy farmland on the surrounding hills of the Green Mountains bring their cows to town and celebrate the farming and country life ...


I had such a good time taking photos and laughing at all the shananigans that the parade organizers and their crowd of motley fools provided for the parade spectators. People watching was such fun and of course, the kids were just a riot to watch and enjoy. The cows were all cleaned up and decked out in flowers and spangles for the parade. All this celebration of farming and the dairy life inspired me to make a batch of ice cream this week.

I have an old electric ice cream maker that I am taking out of the cupboard to make a rich vanilla ice cream. A friend at another foodblog has just given a tutorial on making dulce de leche, so... I'm making some to swirl through the ice cream. Then, I'm making a batch of good biscotti to have with the ice cream. That should make for a sinfully rich dessert for one evening very soon!

I can't wait to see how it will come out! Here goes!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! My sister worked for Borden once and actually got to be in charge of the real live Elsie hehe. I am drooling over your ice cream with dulce de leche and biscotti, by the way! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.